Master Class Series - Achieving More with Less
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
10:00 to 16:00
When under pressure to deliver more, many leaders’ instincts are simply to drive people to work harder or for longer hours. This creates stress, prompts mistakes, lowers work satisfaction, increases absenteeism and encourages a defensive culture.
This practical Masterclass invites participants to move away from the procedural focus of traditional time management training to explore the leadership agenda around working smarter, differently (creatively) and delivering More with Less. Today's leaders need to show high levels of courage, passion and belief in what matters and where the priorities should be by shifting the emphasis from inputs to outcomes.
- 'Myth busting': there are a range of myths about time management – including that time can be managed! We will explore how our understanding about time, and the language we use, shape ineffective practice.
- Personal resourcefulness and Emotional Intelligence (E.I)
- How our unconscious drivers of behaviour help or hinder our resourcefulness.
- Living the 80/20 rule – focusing on the 20% of inputs which create the 80% of desired outcomes.
- Creative Thinking/behaviours - How smarter working and improved efficiency often needs a creative approach.
As a result of attending, participants will be able to:
- Build awareness of their own preferred ways of using (and misusing) time at work
- Recognise the indicators & effects of others’ unconscious drivers
- Be able to use the Eisenhower Grid as an effective team dialogue tool
- Identify the critical resources for successful outcomes and develop actions which create leverage
- Develop a mindset that focuses on what’s really important