Master Class Series - Team Leader as Facilitator
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
10:00 to 16:00
Who is it for?
Junior/mid tier staff taking on (or planning to take on) a leadership role in a team, group or forum (as a chair or convener) who would like to understand what they can do to make meetings more productive and enjoyable.
This may also be of value to staff who have completed action learning facilitator training and who want to consider how to extend their learning as a facilitator in a range of work settings.
What to expect:
Before you come you will be asked to think about a real group you are a part of and consider how it works at present.
On the day you will work in small groups and pairs on a range of participatory exercises led by the facilitator.
At the end of the day you will have an action plan for how to improve your group working.
What you will learn:
- Leading and facilitating
- Understanding and managing group dynamics
- Action planning for participation and results
- Identifying the nature of the problems groups are facing and how to tackle them
- Giving and receiving feedback in groups
- Some practical approaches to improving meetings