Master Class Series - Vital Conversations
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
10:00 to 16:00
The ability to engage in vital or difficult conversations is a key leadership skill in its own right. The NHS is moving into an era where heroic pace-setting leadership needs to give way to the facilitative leader who can engage colleagues, teams and wider stakeholders in collaborative endeavours. Vital Conversations enables the leader to have an essential tool kit.
The workshop is delivered by mediators who have extensive experience (10+ years) of having and mediating difficult conversations, and being able to coach and mentor leaders around this key skill set.
You will learn how to:
- Plan and prepare for a real difficult/vital conversation you need to undertake
- Manage your emotional state and be better able to handle the emotional state of the person you are talking to
- Start the conversation effectively and keep it on track
- Develop a set of behaviours/skills to successfully navigate yourself to a better final outcome
- Unpack and role play your own vital conversation if you choose to (with the assistance of a highly experienced facilitator)
- Apply Vital Conversations to your strategic and tactical planning to identify each month’s Vital Conversations