Master Class Series - Vital Conversations
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
10:00 to 16:00
The ability to engage in vital or difficult conversations is a key leadership skill in its own right. The NHS is moving into an era where heroic pace-setting leadership needs to give way to the facilitative leader who can engage colleagues, teams and wider stakeholders in collaborative endeavours. Vital Conversations enables the leader to have an essential tool kit.
The workshop is delivered a mediator with over 10 years extensive experience of having and mediating difficult conversations, and being able to coach and mentor leaders around this key skill set.
- Plan and prepare for a real difficult/vital conversation you need to undertake
- Manage your emotional state and be better able to handle the emotional state of the person you are talking to
- Start the conversation effectively and keep it on track
- Develop a set of behaviours/skills to successfully navigate yourself to a better final outcome
- Unpack and role play your own vital conversation if you choose to (with the assistance of a highly experienced facilitator)
- Apply Vital Conversations to your strategic and tactical planning to identify each month’s Vital Conversations
Nigel Singer has over 20 years’ experience in the realm of coaching leaders around difficult conversations, conflict resolution and facilitative leadership. He has worked across sectors and at all levels. He has facilitated events for groups from Executive boards to security staff. He has also trained over 250 mediators.
In 2013 Nigel undertook 6 months of training with Vital GB Ltd and earned certification as a Vital Conversations facilitator and coach.Book now