Lead to Succeed
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
10:00 to 16:00
Master Class Series
- Leadership versus Management – Effective leadership and management are critical in the NHS, but what defines effective leadership? This module looks at the different styles and qualities of effective leaders and managers. It also assesses your natural style in order for you to maximise your effectiveness.
- Personality Types & Emotional Intelligence – Teams are made up of a mix of individuals. To motivate and empower teams, leaders must understand team member’s personality types and how to communicate with them effectively. This module explores what defines our personalities and how you can optimise communication with team members.
- Delivering Outcomes – Delivering cost effective healthcare in a commercial environment is now critical. This module considers how you can deliver your vision, strategy and objectives by increasing motivation and accountability within teams and individuals.
- Understand different styles of leadership and management, their pros and cons, and when to utilise for maximum effect
- Identify your own natural leadership/ management style
- Understand personality types, how they determine your team’s behaviours, and how to communicate and work with your team members to achieve success
- Learn effective methods to facilitate cost effective/ commercial health outcomes by developing accountability within teams and individuals
John McCarthy has a diverse range of leadership experience including NHS management, commercial business management, a former British Army Physical Training Instructor and now a Business Coach with the World’s No.1 Business Coaching organisation, ActionCOACH. He has developed and led individuals and teams to success in a range of environments, and also worked with a range of NHS organisations to develop innovative healthcare solutions. Some of the most successful initiatives have been presented at an International Conference, published in a Medical Journal and Department of Health publication and included in Map of Medicine. Currently studying an MBA, Strategic Management and Leadership, he offers simple, innovative, effective and above all “enjoyable” ways to develop high-performing teams and deliver efficiencies.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible as places will be offered on a strict ‘first-come, first-served’ basis. Please note there is no fee for this event.Book now