Leading Yourself – why would anyone follow me?
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
10:00 to 16:00
Master Class Series
- Resilience - What happens when things change (again) and the team is under pressure? This module is designed to inspire you to realise what you and your team are capable of, the power of the human being and the even greater power of the human community.
- Creativity - Boundless creativity comes by overcoming boundaries. This module is designed to give you the tools to improve your planning processes by being more creative and utilising your team’s corporate creativity. A military mission analysis and planning tool known as ‘The Seven Questions’ will be translated into relevant civilian terminology for you to discover more expedient solutions to achieving project success.
- Leadership - To lead is to serve, to serve is to lead. This module is designed to help you understand your responsibilities as leaders, to get a job done successfully.
- Increase your confidence - to nurture leadership in new and potential leaders and to enhance more seasoned leaders
- Develop a more robust attitude - to improve drive, at all levels, towards project success
- Have a basic understanding of mission analysis and an appreciation of its importance
- Appreciate the operation of the ‘corporate brain’
- Understand notions of ‘Mission Command’ and ‘Command and Control’ and know when each one is best suited and how to apply them
- Understand the ‘moral components’ of leadership, resulting in a more dynamic and inspired approach
Jon White is a former Captain in the Royal Marines. On 16 June 2010, Jon was in command of 40 Commando Royal Marines’ Reconnaissance Troop on patrol when he stepped on an IED. The explosion blew off three of his limbs – both legs above the knee and his right arm at the elbow. Despite being described in his early career as insipid, a poor communicator with a nervous disposition, he developed into a natural leader with command being his strongest area. His aim is to demonstrate how our greatest contemporary leaders have succeeded through consistent diligence, determination and good old-fashioned hard work, and to make people realise that if they resolve themselves to be the very best, they can be successful and great leaders too.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible as places will be offered on a strict ‘first-come, first-served’ basis. Please note there is no fee for this event.Book now