Masterclass - Staff Engagement - Why Bother?
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
10:00 to 16:00
As leaders we know that change can cause our people to feel overwhelmed, unsure, left behind or disenchanted
In this interactive Masterclass we will look at the impact of leaders taking personal responsibility in the realm of engagement and show what transformational benefits this can deliver to staff, patients and the NHS.
- The case for engagement – Recommendations from the Francis report and our need to increase levels of discretionary effort.
- Spheres of influence - where should we be focusing our time and energies?
- The 4 Aspects of Engagement which need consideration and attention.
- Measuring Engagement - How do we know when we have it (or not)? - The concepts of Involvement, Advocacy and Motivation.
- Drivers (factors) of engagement – Profiling exercise to diagnose where engagement levels could be better.
- Increasing autonomy and personal responsibility.
- Leadership style and impact(s) - Considering emotional intelligence and the most effective leadership approaches to deploy.
You will understand:
- The links between engagement and clinical outcomes
- How engagement can be recognised and measured
- The areas of personal influence to improve engagement
- Styles of leadership which can yield positive engagement outcomes
- Priorities for staff engagement (in order to improve patient outcomes)
Creative facilitator with over 20 years’ experience of working with business UK and worldwide.
Jon has worked extensively with doctors and NHS staff at all levels in general practice and hospitals in the South West. His specialist areas are Leadership, team Engagement and the Management of Change.
Chris has over 25 years’ experience delivering organisational and cultural change.
He lectures on Leadership at Plymouth University Business School and is currently working with community Health organisations in Devon and Cornwall – providing coaching and facilitation to support culture change initiatives.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible as places will be offered on a strict ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.
There is no fee for this event.Book now